The 3CX SBC is very popular and used by many of our users to either ensure quality of service, increase security or for connectivity reasons. With this latest update the performance of the 3CX Session Border Controller (SBC) has been beefed up so regardless of why you choose to use the 3CX SBC this update is for you.
To start off we’ve increased the default number of RTP ports from 8 to 32 and in the case of a service fail the SBC is automatically restarted. Additionally, this latest update works for Debian 9 and Raspberry Pi (Debian 8 users will have to remain on the previous SBC version until they upgrade to Debian 9).
What else has been added:
- SBC will wait until it successfully gets an IP Address before initializing. This avoids the constant need to RDP or SSH to the SBC machine and restart the service.
- Removed auto-restart at 3AM.
- Every Sunday an update check is made to see if a new SBC update is available or not.
- On Windows SBC is set to start with a delay.
- Merged SBC repositories with 3CX PBX. Now in the same repository we have 3CX PBX, SBC Debian 9 and SBC Raspberry Pi.
- Timestamps added in log for better troubleshooting.
Debian 9 or Raspberry Pi users need to run these commands to install the SBC:
sudo bash 3cxsbc.zip